Developing a network of healthcare professionals interested in the development and implementation of AI in Oxford
The AIDE project aims to:
- understand barriers and facilitators to implementing AI in healthcare by collecting stakeholder perspectives about how AI will change lives and impact healthcare experience, accessibility or quality,
- determine how concerns might be resolved to promote acceptance and adoption of data-driven technologies
We want to identify where AI systems are currently being used/developed in healthcare settings in Oxford and consult with researchers, developers, healthcare professionals and patients to understand:
- prior experience of AI, current and anticipated use in healthcare, and other valuable applications
- how they learn about developments
- factors perceived to influence adoption/implementation
- what safeguards, controls or types of engagement would inspire trust.
This will allow us to build a platform for sustained dialogue on AI in healthcare.
Researchers in Oxford are meeting with healthcare professionals to build our network. Please contact us if you would like to be included!